Our client, a disruptor in the maritime industry, is currently recruiting a Finance Manager for their finance department. Being responsible for managing the department, setting up policies and procedures and managing daily accounting functions, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for:
- Working closely with the GM in setting up and administering budgets, financial reporting, financial management systems and forecasts.
- Set up tools and systems for reporting purposes
- Creating monthly financial reports and present them to the management
- Collecting, analysing, and consolidating financial data
- Managing the annual budget and monitoring company performance in accordance with this budget
- Providing guidance to the executive management on financial decisions
- Establishing, controlling, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Presenting monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Overseeing all accounting procedures, including month-end close.
- Managing any VAT or Tax processes and serve as Point of Contact for any queries from management related to the matter.
- Liaise with senior management on company strategy and policy development
- Liaise with relevant authorities in providing correct and updated financial reporting
- Monitor and control Treasury Management
Education & Experience:
- Recognised degree in Accounting
- Familiar with EU Accounting Standards
- Familiar with Local Taxation regulations and VAT structures
- Previous experience in a similar position or managing a team shall be considered an asset
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Problem-solving and the ability to think outside the box
- Able to manage their own time
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.