Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Compliance Executive to join their well-established compliance department. The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the company's operational activities including the development of new products and business practices;
- managing compliance related activities, including the development and implementation of the Annual Compliance Plan and implementation of new legislation;
- carrying out a diversified number of activities and tasks in relation to AML/CFT including assisting and guiding staff on AML and CFT matters;
- carrying our preliminary impact analysis on specific legislation, implementing new legislation;
- handling regulatory requests and regulatory on-site inspections; and
- reporting to management and Board.
Education & Experience:
- possess a tertiary degree level of education in Financial Services, Accountancy, Law, Criminology or Compliance;
- have a Certificate/ Diploma in AML/ CFT, fraud detection and prevention. Fundamentals of Banking Legislation, Compliance or GDPR are critical;
- have previous experience in a similar/related role is critical, preferably including a combination of banking/investment services and regulatory knowledge.
- be self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines, with a solution-driven approach to work;
- have the ability to multi-task;
- be attentive to detail;
- be proficient in both Maltese and English with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- be able to support the team on compliance related issues outside of normal office hours when requested;
- be flexible, highly committed and possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- possess strong leadership and management skills; and
- uphold a professional attitude at all times.