We are looking for a Market Insights Specialist to provide critical input to our client's strategic direction and tactical optimization across the full breadth of marketing and strategic activities.
- Manage “Big” Data;
- Define a global and consistent data strategy, including data sources, capture, activation and maintenance.
- Ensure definition and roll-out of data solutions and its integration within a consolidated ecosystem (database, data management platform, service systems, campaign solutions);
- Define and lead implementation of the right data operating model and governance, allowing departments and markets to leverage business insights and opportunities, while maximizing synergies.
- Partner with the marketing team members to drive the development of annual category reviews, brand reviews, and situation assessments, providing the foundation for annual brand plans.
- Monitor key brand performance measures: volume, share, penetration, frequency, equity, identify key business drivers and facilitate activation.
- Drive Consumer and Market Research.
- Use market research and consumer insights data provide input into the development of category, portfolio and brand strategies and plans and highlight new business opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership regarding the consumer, customers, the economic and marketing environment, and the use of marketing information.
- Address business challenges through the development and execution of actionable marketing research – and then effectively and persuasively communicate the results, implications, and recommendations.
- Conduct strategic studies to better understand the categories, consumers and competitive environments identifying future challenges or opportunities to explore.
- Provide Cross Functional Support and Collaboration
- Support other functional areas (including Strategy, Brand, Category Management, R&D, Sales and Finance) in addressing business challenges through the integration of secondary research, primary research, and analytics.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Maths, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Market and/or Consumer Research preferably within FMCG.
- Prior experience with research tools such as Nielsen, Euromonitor or Kantar would be an advantage.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and analytical capability, with the ability to understand and triangulate multiple data sources to identify insights.
- Knowledge of secondary data sources, including IRI/Nielsen and Panel data.
- Ability to effectively manage third-party (supplier) resources
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives in a timely manner
- Strong ability to conduct full product lifecycle activities to include requirements in developing analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the consumer journey across differing regional preferences and numerous contact points.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in reporting, data modelling and database management.
- Able to travel a minimum of 30 Nights in a year.