We're currently recruiting a Database Administrator for one of our major clients working within the payments industry. Working closely with Database Operations team administer, the ideal candidate will be tasked with maintaining and evolving the MySQL, MsSQL and Mongo Clusters. Additionally, the responsibilities will also include:
- Administering highly-available database server clusters as well as standard BI tools, ensuring optimal performance, capacity management, reliability, secure access, smooth release management replication, backups and recovery plans;
- Helping drive the evolution of the existing BI infrastructure to the next level, using BI cutting-edge technology.
- Providing advice and expertise to other departments related to database schemas, queries, BI tools and performance optimization;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the operational data dictionary.
- Monitoring the various database environments and processes, providing second line support for internal and external user requests related to Database, Business Intelligence, Big Data and Data Mining solutions#
- A B.Sc. in IT or equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of MySql, Microsoft SQL Servers and BI Suite (ETL and Data Analysis tools);
- Knowledge of Percona tools and Mongo will be considered an asset;
- Expertise in optimizing Schemas, SQL tuning and ETL pipelines together with excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Knowledge of UNIX, Application servers, scripting languages such as Bash and Python and Infrastructure automation tools like Puppet and Ansible are all additional assets for the post;
- Experience in the financial industry will be considered as an asset.
- Good Writing and communication skills, a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Conscientious and problem solving
- Ability to prioritise time accordingly and meet deadlines