Our client, a local group of companies, is recruiting an Accounts Clerk to grow their team! Apart from assisting the Accounts Manager with various accounts duties, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all invoices are issued and posted in the system received either by cheque or directly by bank transfer.
- Checking, maintaining and inputting all employees’ timesheets mainly for Malta Home Care Services.
- Liaising with clients with regards to invoices, on a monthly basis,
- Making sure that fiscal receipts are prepared and sent to clients upon payment of the invoices.
- Getting invoices approved by the Company Director and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Inputting approved suppliers’ invoices in the system.
- Performing maintenance of accounts payable and preparing payments for suppliers.
- Ensuring that bank reconciliations are done.
- Assisting the Accounts Manager in the opening of Bank accounts when needed.
- Assisting the Accounts Manager with period-end procedures including the posting of depreciation; accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting in the preparation of Management accounts.
- Working out VAT returns and ensuring that these are passed on for submission.
- Communicating with government departments for various queries.
- Ensuring that the application and preparation of any documents required are submitted in a timely manner.
- Liaising with auditors with regards to audit preparation of the companies.
- Preparing ad hoc accounting reporting/tasks as may be required from time to time.
- A level standard of education or the equivalent
- 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Experience working with accounting software
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Experience using Microsoft Suite
- Good command of the English language both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritise time and meet deadlines
- Conscientious and problem solving
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Good communication skills