Our client, operating within the Health Sector, is recruiting a Billing Officer to join their Accounting Department. Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Issuing bills to patients on a timely basis (both insured in-patients and outpatients, as well as self-pay in-patients).
- Corresponding with local and foreign companies covering the patients’ expenses may be necessary.
- Verifying the insurance coverage of patients and ensuring that claims are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that payments are received from patients and insurance companies in a timely manner and that any discrepancies are resolved promptly.
- Maintaining accurate records of all financial transactions related to patient care, including invoices, payments, and insurance claims.
- Other day-to-day accounting duties to support the Financial Controller of the Company.
Experience & Skills:
- A positive can-do attitude and self-motivated
- Ability to listen and learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Organized, responsible with an excellent eye for detail and possess analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- O-Level Standard in accounting considered an asset