Our client, a player within the embedded finance space, is recruiting a Senior Backend Java Developer to join their growing team. Working towards delivering innovative technologies that make integrating banking and payments services as simple, flexible and accessible as any other API, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with product owners and other team members to continuously enhance and develop new features for the application
- Mentoring and supporting other software developers in the team;
- Assisting other team members with the design and implementation of new software requirements;
- Giving third-level expert and product support when needed;
- Ensuring quality control across the board;
- Adhering to best practices in software development;
- Learning by reading and experimenting to optimize and improve;
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Great at communicating ideas and working in a team.
- A Java guru, with extensive knowledge and experience of associated technologies such as the Spring framework.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with microservice-based architectures, and related tools and technologies such as Spring Boot, REST (both implementing and consuming), and Kafka (or similar message broker technologies such as RabbitMQ).
- Additional experience in any of the following would be awesome: Micronaut, reactive programming, MongoDB, Redis, jOOQ, Flyway.
- Keen on best engineering practices.
- Prior experience with Docker would be great.